Our enforcement services assess the worth attributable to patents in their ultimate application, thereby ensuring that the owners can apply the intellectual property rights effectively. Our solutions cater to multiple business objectives:
- Administering a client’s portfolio to mine key assets based on patent quality
- Identifying a valid use or sale of a client’s patented inventions or products
- Repressing a deliberate infringement and recovering the losses incurred therein (example by means of evidence of use studies)
- Analysis of the competitive landscape to help identify the best monetization strategies
- Supporting in invalidity contentions during patent enforcementactions
PRIOR ART SEARCH
We perform a comprehensive and contextual search to validate the enforceability of a patent. The search spans across geographies and we scout multiple patent and non-patent databases, search engines, and other records (file wrapper).
Our search services help:
- Ascertain the novelty of an invention and strengthen the claims to be drafted
- Identify the validity of a patent and weigh its merits prior to a patent enforcement action, during a defensive strategy, and even for licensing negotiations
- Evaluate the potential patent barriers to commercialization of technologies or products in a geography (example: freedom to operate studies)
We analyze patent portfolios to help find opportunistic leverages, aid strategy planning, and understand the general health of the existing patent assets.
Our analytical output helps in:
- Understanding the emerging trends and future scope of an industry
- Benchmarking a client’s portfolio vis-à-vis competitors’ data
- Tracking the organic growth of a technology
- Fortifying negotiation positions (example: cross-licensing deals)
PATENT PORTFOLIO PRUNING
We help identify valuable and productive patents from a portfolio. Our structured approach includes performing:
- Portfolio audit for legal status update, family tree verification, maintenance fee expenditure, etc.
- Patent prioritization and SWOT analysis for identifying under-utilized assets
- Patent valuation based on metrics such as inventive value, improvement value, and market value, thereby identifying a set of very high-value assets (gem patents)
We collect and interpret competitor’s publicly held information that has strategic importance. This includes patent information, financials, press releases, product segments, mergers and acquisitions, trade journals, and regulatory data.
Our services include:
- Systematically gathering, collating, and analyzing competitor’s information
- Performing market research and patent benchmarking
- Identifying performance gaps in relation to competition
We help clients in comprehensively evaluating patent portfolios while structuring patent acquisition or sale transactions. Our services include:
- Developing marketing packages/executive summaries, creating compelling evidence of usage charts and scouting high value patents to showcase portfolio’s merits and commercial strength.
- Identifying bona fide buyers. We also pitch the assessed portfolio (along with the detailed materials) to the leading patent-purchasers we share strong relationships with.
- Performing due diligence process on every portfolio for sale. Our team acts as liaison between sellers and potential buyers/bidders to ensure all required pricing, terms and contract documents are in-place and duly submitted.
- End-to-End patent sales/purchase program.